Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Hun-Bun


I just would like to thank my roommate for this lovely picture, detailing what I will be writing about. 
Let me direct your attention to her hair. Which looks like she has a doughnut attached to the top of her hair. Seriously, I'm not being mean to her; she was washing her face. However, if I ever caught her out in public in this then I would take many pictures and embarrass her.
I have never seen more people wear there hair in this fashion then I have in the last 3 months. 
I feel like when people go out with hair like this, they are trying to warn people that they just woke-up or they have no pride in the way they look.
Either way, it's ugly. Trust me I know about waking up late. Your only option is not to throw your hair into one of these hideous buns. Why not a normal ponytail, not on the top of your head. Or how about a braid. Or even a ballerina bun. There are so many other options, why this one?
If you are going to argue it keeps your hair off your neck, it is cold here. The more hair covering your neck, the better! It's like a built-in scarf.
This is what you look like.
There are just so many alternatives, that I don't understand why you would pick to wear this particular hair style outside of your home.
I hate doing my hair, it literally is my least favorite thing in the entire world. And I even wouldn't wait my hair like this. You also are emitting a sloppy signal that is clear on everyone's radar.
I know we're in college, but have some self-respect. I really would rather you wear you dirty messy hair down, than put it in this orb on your head.
I almost forgot, the title of my post.
I would like to give another comparison as to what these buns remind me of. And that would be: Attila the Hun.
While I confess I know this isn't historically accurate at all. I know Attila didn't wear ridiculous looking buns on top of his head. But whenever I envision Attila the Hun, I picture him with a bun. I definitely think this is a result of watching Mulan too many times, and picturing all the Huns with buns.
 
Pick a different hairstyle next time you're running late or trying to look messy. Preferably one that doesn't sit on top of your head.
Once again: Ballerina bun, normal ponytail, low ponytail, low bun, braid, french braid, two braids, two french braids, low pigtails, fishtail braid, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment