Monday, October 25, 2010

Dirty Hair, Don't Care


I ran out of time to blog this weekend, so I will be trying to make up for it this week!

As disgusting as this might sounds, I don't wash my hair everyday.
I have such thin hair that it would just dry it out and make it fuzzy.
Also, my hair doesn't get that greasy. Sometimes I can go two or even three days without washing it.
I have thin hair, most people don't.
I know people with thick hair are definitely washing every day or two.
Hopefully.
Anyways, sometimes your hair is easier to style when it's dirty. Or it looks perfectly acceptable for going out, it's just greasy.
There are cures!
I am in love with dry shampoo. It is super amazing, and since I've been using it, it has always worked well.
You just spray your roots, and bam! Pretend clean hair.
This kind even works for thick hair. I would know my roommate has horse hair and she has used it and had good results.
When I say horse hair, I mean it in a good way, like a horse mane. Hair I would totally kill for. If we had the same color hair I would just cut her hair off at night and use it for my own extensions.

Now I have heard of the baby powder trick. Supposedly if you put baby powder in your roots, it will soak up all the oils as well.
I have tried this once, and I just felt like I had to use a ton of powder to even get my hair looking normal, and even then my roots turned a powdery white color.
I didn't really like that.
Also it felt funny dumping all that powder on my head. The nice thing about dry shampoo is that it is an aerosol, so it just sprays in and you can't even see it.
I also particularly love using this for beach hair. Like when you come back from the beach and your hair is pretty and tousled looking, but also greasy from the wind. You just spray some of this in and you don't even have to do your hair!
I'm lazy, so this is a total bonus,
You should definitely get dry shampoo to keep with your other hair products, because even if you do shampoo everyday sometimes your hair still comes out of the shower looking greasy.
I have heard that some dry shampoos... evaporate? I'm not sure if this is the correct term for where the dry shampoo went. I'm not actually sure which brand did this. But the picture shown above is the one I use, and I think I have had it since around July and it is still performing normally.
Long hair, short hair, big hair, dirty hair: don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment