Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Those Weird Toe Shoes


As promised, I will now be commenting on those toe shoes I have been seeing everywhere.
I really hate to be malicious, but this post probably will be because I can't stand those shoes. I know they have a purpose, and I'm sure they really do feel like you are barefoot.
They offer many different styles depending on what you're planning to do in them. Running, climbing, yoga, trekking, water sports, etc. Unfortunately they all still make you look like a frog.
I feel like they are some kind of mutated water shoe. Remember when you would go to the water park when you were young, and you parents would force you to wear water shoes, and they always were kind of squishy and when you took them off your feet were pale and pruned?
Well they're back for revenge.
I would agree that these are revolutionary. It is a great idea, and it probably does help with posture and balance. I just really don't think these should be worn out everywhere.
The other day I saw a girl wearing a cute outfit normal outfit, and then she had these stupid shoes on. Why would you ruin a perfectly good outfit, just so you can wear these out.
Now if I decided to drop $100.00 for a pair of these, I would try to get the most wear out of them as possible. However, I would never drop any amount of money on these because that's stupid.
I literally can't look away when someone walks by me in these shoes. My eyes are glued to their feet as I try to figure out what amphibian they have recently evolved from.
I can bet I'm not the only one thinking it.
These are supposed to be the ultimate minimalist device, giving you foot freedom while also keeping your little pigs protected.
Who's to say they won't engineer a bodysuit that is form-fitting and protects you from the elements, while also letting you feel naked.
Who wants to walk around feeling naked?!
I know there are definitely some people that do, I'm not one of them.
I am waiting until I see someone in a matching wetsuit and toe shoes, walking around the grocery store talking about how they feel naked and free and how good their posture is.
"Hey Bob, can you feel that breeze in the frozen food section? I know I can."
I'm making myself laugh again.

I think I have cracked all the jokes I can think of for these little shoes.
Bottom line: Don't wear them, unless you are trying to attract The Creature From The Black Lagoon.
 He definitely looks like he would own a pair of those shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment