Monday, November 1, 2010

Humerous Hippie Headbands

Alliterations, how clever.
I am terrible at blogging over the weekend, and it always takes me a few days to get back into the swing of things.
I just feel obligated to talk about this. Halloween has just passed, and these are definitely an accessory left to Native American and hippie costumes.
I just don't understand the fascination with this particular headpiece. I have never seen it look flattering on anyone. It cuts foreheads in half, and makes your hair all big and weird looking on top.

Even celebrities are not able to pull this style off, because it is just not meant to be worn. I am forgiving of all those 16 and younger wearing these, a passing fad to remember a decade of rebellion and freedom. After that, you are just projecting an image of immaturity.
Now, I definitely love scarves as headbands, as long as they are covering an entire section of your forehead and not just cutting straight across it. They are super cute, and definitely classy and they do actually help keep your hair out of your face.
I think I failed to mention that these hippie headbands have absolutely no purpose in your hair, besides giving you a headache. They don't keep any hair out of your face. Such a useless trend.
I'm not trying to be mean, this isn't something to be mean about. I understand you have long locks, and want to accessorize your forehead. I just have never looked at  anyone wearing one of these and been like "Wow, that is so stylish and cute."
If you're going to do it, I can't stop you. Although I would totally love to see you sporting a cute scarf across your forehead instead. Save yourself the headaches!

Only if it covers the entire top of your forehead though!

No comments:

Post a Comment