Monday, December 6, 2010

Beige Craze

I am so infatuated with this color. Specifically in a trench coat. But just in general as well. I am a neutral-color hound. Grey, black, white, beige. If it is plain and boring then I love it. That's a bit of  dramatization, but you understand.
I think for spring beige is going to be a big item on the shelves, so I definitely recommend investing in some now before it's overpriced and sold out. I think it is ingenious having a beige trench coat, because it allows this large coat to not be the key piece in your outfit. Also you can wear it with really dramatic colors and prints without looking ridiculous.
I also think a dress with a beige crochet overlay is adorable and very girly. My favorite colors to pair this with could have to be a light pink and soft gold. Oh, and pearls. I think it's a really put together look, and the color is definitely very mature.
So you should go get a/an:
  • Beige trench coat
  • Off-white with crochet/lace dress
  • Gold ballet flats
  • A short string of large pearls
  • A light pink bow for your hair or light pink wayfarer sunglasses
Those are my favorites. I wish I owned all these items so I could put this outfit together and demonstrate how adorable it would be.
Now I should probably discuss an outfit to wear this with that isn't quite so girly, since not everyone loves bows and pearls like I do. So let's compromise...
How about:
  • A beige trench coat
  • Dark denim cigarette jeans (slightly high-waisted)
  • A worn-in vintage tee from your local goodwill tucked in
  • Ankle boots with a wedge
  • and layered gold necklaces
See, I can give both sides of the coin. I definitely think both of these outfits are do-able. And not for outrageous prices either.

No comments:

Post a Comment