Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Fur Flurries

While I'm not a member of PETA, I'm not a card-carrying member of the hunting club. Personally, I have no problem with wearing fur. I know others do, so everything I suggest is made with faux fur. But if you would like to wear real fur, then be my guest.
If not this winter then absolutely next, fur is on the climb. It had been deemed tacky for a little while, but it is back and in more forms than ever. Plus it's cozy and versatile. It will definitely keep your warm, not to mention feeling cozy when other people are close to you.
While the snow hasn't been abundant here, I'm told it will be so I've been trying to stay as warm as possible. A few -3 degree mornings have definitely put me in my place. I assume it can only get worse. I have found that the parts of me that gets the coldest are my fingers, ears, and face. Fingers are easy, you just wear gloves. Ears are a bit tricky. Obviously a hat is the best option. Why not a fur or fur-lined hat?!
 I have seen quite a few cute little fur trapper hats. This one hailing from Urban outfitters, which has been abundant in faux fur accessories. This definitely solves the frozen ear problem. However, I have thin hair and it isn't very long, and underneath a hat like this I would probably look bald. So instead this is the kind of hat I'm dying for:
Laugh all you want, but I think it is adorable and functional. And I want one. Once I find one that isn't $400.
So both of these are definitely options for keeping your ears toasty warm. Even if you don't live in the snow, these are two accessories that will keep you looking adorable this winter.
Now to fix the last problem. A frozen face. I could just wear ski mask and walk around looking like I just robbed a bank or I could invest in a giant scarf. A giant fur scarf. Hold on to your furry hats, they make fur scarfs?! Why yes, they do.
And I've tried it on and I have fallen in love with it. And I think I could just walk around with my face buried in it, and my nostrils wouldn't freeze every time I inhaled.
It's just a big circle you wrap around your neck. I'm not a scarf person. Not even a little bit. I wear scarves on my head, not around my neck. So the fact that I am so infatuated with this scarf is a bit surprising.
I think investing in fur accessories is your best bet. Those are the things that will be most in style, as opposed to a dress or purse or jacket.
Although, I'm definitely not opposed to a jacket. At many a retailer I have seen some cropped faux fur jackets, and I think they are a fabulous holiday accessory. Yes, I'm back on the holidays. They definitely should be worn when being somewhat dressed up. Unless you want to go for a grunge 70's groupie kind of look. I think they adorable. So definitely don't refrain.
Go get your fur on!

No comments:

Post a Comment