Thursday, December 9, 2010

Your Ankles May Be a Bit Chilly This Winter...

The boot of the season just happens to be the ankle boot. I'm not saying tall boots are out of style, over-the-knee boots are definitely in style now. But if you want to be a step ahead then ankle boots are definitely next. Unfortunately they don't give you quite as much protection or warmth as a taller boot, but fashion is not without suffering every now and then. I think these will also make a nice transition from winter into spring because they don't cover as much leg, so they can be worn when it's warmer out.

There are tons of styles to choose from. Platform, flat, wedge, pump, etc. Personally, I just acquired a pair with a wedge, and I am obsessed with them. My room mate also just bought an adorable pair of ankle boot pumps. I also like the flat leather ones, that have some type of bedazzlement (<- this is actually a real word) on them. I'm not sure I like the suede ankle boots because they turn people into elves, but go with whatever you feel.
I would advise to get a pair of closed-toe ones, at least for winter. They are easier to wear tights with, and look more like boots. If you're looking for a pair of pumps, they can be found everywhere. It just depends on specifically what you're looking for. Ross and Marshalls have cute ones, but so do department stores.

Wedges are almost impossible to find, I spent forever looking. Definitely check this link, they have tons of ankle boots. I think they will start coming out with more soon though if you would like to hold out for those.
Depending on what your kind of style you have, these can be worn many ways. I think it's cute when you can see your ankles, so I like to wear them with leggings or skinny jeans. But they are just as cute with tights and a dress/skirt. If it wasn't so darn cold up here (and if I ever decided to shave my legs...), I would love to wear them with shorts and a worn out tee.

I find mine to be pretty comfy, but I don't have any experience with the platforms. However, pain is beauty so you probably don't really worry about comfort all that much.

Happy Boot-ing!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely booties. I really love my booties. This booties are so wonderful to look at. I prefer black booties with my black trench coat women I also like the other color here. Really the booties are so amazing . Hope to have them , at least a pair. So gorgeous and fabulous to see.

    ReplyDelete