Thursday, October 21, 2010

Bras: they're called underwear for a reason.

This isn't going to be naughty, so don't worry. Maybe a little graphic, but we're all adults.
I doubt there is anything I dislike more than when my bra is more noticeable than the clothes I'm wearing.
 A bra should rarely be used as an accessory. I say rarely, because with the right out for the right occasion with the right bra, I'm sure it could be deemed appropriate.
However, wearing your bright pink racer back bra, with your electric blue sleeveless shirt so everyone can see said straps on your back, is not appropriate.
Unfortunately, I was unable to snap a picture of this particular offense because I am not sly at taking pictures.
And I don't know how to turn off that camera sound my phone makes when taking a picture.
I didn't want to get beat up.
There are just so many options for bras nowadays, that I don't understand why that would even be necessary.
It would've even been better had the bra not been hot pink. Maybe a nude color? At least pretend like you aren't trying to show it off.
Strapless bra
Even better would've been a strapless bra. Now I completely understand that everyone has different sized boobs, and the bigger they are the harder it is to wear a strapless bra. However, they do make them. The bra above has awesome coverage, and goes all the way through a size 38DD. If you're bigger than that, Fredericks of Hollywood makes tons of bras for those of you who are more well endowed.
Everyone needs at least one strapless bra. And I would definitely get it in either black, white, or nude. Unless you're buying lingerie, I suggest buying all of yours bras in one of these three colors.
It just doesn't make sense to buy some bright colored bra, because chances are you wont be able to wear it with as much as you could the other colors.
I know, boring. But it's the truth. When you leave the house, the emphasis should be on your outfit. Not the orange strap hanging out of your shirt.
Now let me warn you, nice bras are expensive. Which is why I am such a supporter of the neutral colors. Get more use out of your money by buying a bra you can wear with everything. I believe in every one's bra collection there should be one strapless bra, one racer back bra, one push up bra, one t-shirt bra, a sports bra, and one lacy colored bra.
I, personally, have a fascination for bra's and underwear, so I own a million.

Unless you are planning to lose or gain a significant amount of weight, these bras should last you awhile because your bra size shouldn't change that often after you turn 18. 
I have heard a rumor that you should buy new bras every 3 months. If you have the money to buy new bras every 3 months, then be my guest. But if you're poor like me, I'm sure you can make them last, they are created to be rather durable. Though once they start to rip, or the under wire gets bent, it is time to toss them.
*Never put a bra in the dryer, unless you are trying to ruin the under wire.


Another thing I have noticed is ill-fitting bra's. Especially when it comes to the strap that goes around your back.
Everyone should be fitted for a bra. Because many people can be slightly delusional about the size bra they actually wear. Anyone can squeeze into an 34 A. It just doesn't look good on anyone who isn't actually a 34A.
Bras go from 32 to 38 for a reason. If it is too tight around your chest, move up a size. No one can see the tag when it is under your shirt. And it will create smoother lines on your back when wearing tight fitting shirts.
You also don't want the strap to ride up in the back. it should sit comfortably around your chest when the straps are tightened to where they need to be.
They also make two-hook and three-hook clasps in the back.
Bigger boobs = more clasps. It will keep it from riding up and cutting into your skin.


I would also like to point out that nowadays, they make bras in a million shapes for whatever you're wearing.
Biofit 7-way Bra
I personally love the one above because it can be worn in so many different ways. I really think that bras and bra straps should remain hidden. They also make bras that cut low in the front for low cut shirts, bras that cut low in the back for shirts that are backless, racer back bras for tank tops, etc. They even make the Perfect Strap thing if you don't own a racer back bra but would like to wear a normal bra underneath a tank top. There are solutions everywhere.

Now, if you have a smaller chest, there are bras for you too!
There are a million push-up bras out there, if you want a little more oomph. The Victoria's Secret Miraculous bra, is indeed, miraculous. I have given it as a gift to some friends, and they loved it.
However, boobs aren't that big of a deal and if you don't care for them then you don't need to try and push-them up.
I actually am sometimes jealous of girls with smaller boobs, those are the sizes that are always available!
You can literally find a bra everywhere.
And also, you can sometimes go bra-less.
Bandeau

That wasn't a joke, I'm being serious.
If you need to wear an undershirt, as I said above, opt for a bandeau. They have less material, so you wont get as hot and you wont have weird lines under your shirts.They are perfect for those shirts that cut low in the back, because you can just wear a strapless bra under the bandeau.
So, now that you're finished reading this. Run out to your local bra store and get fitted. It is always handy to know what size you are. I promise. Boobs aren't even that big of a deal.
Wear your size proudly, no one can see the tag except for you anyways. <3

As a last note. I would absolutely recommend this bra to anyone, regardless of what size your boobs are. It is comfy, has great lines, and even a tiny bit of lace to make it sexy:
Dream Angels Demi

No comments:

Post a Comment