Monday, October 18, 2010

I know I said this wasn't going to be a thrifting blog but..

So I know in the introduction I explained that thrifting wasn't exactly my thing, but occasionally I cave and I did find some awesome things at the local Savers.
2 chunky knit sweaters later, I'm only 8 dollars in the hole. The one thing I love about thrift stores would be the moment they tell you your price and you marvel at the cost of what you bought. It's practically stealing!
I got a white Eddie Bauer sweater in size XL to wear with my purple cords <3
And then a grey chunky turtleneck to be worn with a black skirt, knit tights,and motorcycle boots.
Yes, love. I'm in love. Savers was by far the best shopping, and most affordable shopping I've seen in this dinky town.
That makes me a bit nostalgic.
While I'm on the topic of thrift stores, you should definitely find a Buffalo Exchange. No joke, it s a bit pricier than your Goodwill but it is usually worth it. They carry brands sold in higher end stores, and usually you can get an awesome deal.
Once again, I cry at the thought that where I live doesn't have a Buffalo.

So, if you're going to wear a chunky sweater you need to pair it with a tighter piece of clothing. Because if not you end up resembling the Michelin Man. Which is never cute, unless you're going out for Halloween. 

Speaking of Halloween. Which is just a hop, skip and a jump away, Halloween Costumes stores are evil.
They never have your size, they are all made to fit everyone so they never really fit anyone very well.
If you're creative, I suggest putting your own together, because it is usually cheaper and usually fits better. However, you can get lucky and find a super cute costume that fits you perfectly. You just have to be willing to look.
If you were curious, I'm not dressing up for Halloween. Against my roommates demands, I just don't feel the need to be dressed up in barely anything and parade around in the 30 degree weather. I know, I'm lame.
Sue me.

Love this. Too bad I'm having shipping issues. Courtesy of urbanoutfitters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment