Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Moon Shoes Vs. Shape-Ups

Now, while I willing admitted in my last post to wearing toning shoes, my toning shoes have nothing appearance-wise on Shape-Ups.
I literally think Shape-Ups are the most unattractive shoe anyone could have ever designed.  Besides those weird toe-shoes.
I will now compare them to Moon Shoes. Let's note the similarities:
 gamerzplanet.net
My siblings and I each had a pair of these. I'm pretty sure I was around 10 years old, and to use them you had to strap your shoes into them. Essentially like walking on mini-trampolines.
Just like Shape-Ups!
Can you believe at 10 years old, I already new that these shoes would tone my glutes and abs, so I would become a work-out queen.
Another attempt at humor.
I think the designers at Skechers stole the idea for Shape-Ups from these very Moon Shoes.
skechers.com/shape_ups
Now, unless you are under 4'5 and need these shoes to reach the gas pedal when you're driving, please don't wear them.
I promise everyone walking by you is secretly laughing at you.
Speaking of things these shoes remind me of.
Remember when the Spice Girls were big, and platform sneakers were all the rage in young girls. I know I loved those things. These also remind me of Spice Girl-esque platforms.


If you're looking for a toning shoe, many other companies are competing with Skechers, and are coming out with better designed toning shoes.
Like the Reebok Easy Tone shoes, which I own.
New Balance has a line of nice looking balance inspired shoes.
Avia also has a toning shoe that is not quite as dramatic as the Shape-Up

Though I still really recommend the Easy Tone <3
If you are looking into investing in a shoe like this, and trust me it is an investment, then definitely shop around and look for a pair that don't look like you will be attempting to walk on the moon with them.

A little glimpse into the future of me blogging about weird shoes. In the next couple of posts or so, these shoes will be appearing:
Golf gloves for your feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment