Monday, October 18, 2010

It isn't just about the brand, but sometimes it is

4 posts in one day. Yeah I'm blog obsessed. Or just procrastinating from all the studying I should be doing, but instead I am putting it off until tomorrow.
Don't tell.
Anyways, back to the subject of this post, my roommate and I were just discussing the importance of designer label jeans. You know what I'm talking about, the ones with the embellished pockets that lets the world know just how expensive you like your jeans. I would have to say, I don't particularly love this trend. On the opposite hand, sometimes these jeans do fit better than some cheaper styles of jeans, a lot of the time they do not. I don't understand why you need to have colored threading up the yin-yang, and two big horseshoes on your butt-cheeks.  They might as well put hand prints so it doesn't look like you've been kicked in the ass by a horse, and instead promotes the image that your butt is so desirable it needs to be touched.
That was a joke, sort of.
courtesy of yourjeanshow.com

Even if you wear said jeans with plain v-neck, that is not a style. It is not a trend, and no where in any magazine will you find that look. Your jeans can't be your stand-out accessory. It just isn't a good idea.
So the next time you're looking for jeans, please do me a favor and assess how they fit over everything else. There is nothing sexier than a nice fitting pair of jeans.
For those who are shorter than your average 6 foot model, even if the jeans are too long, they can always be hemmed. That should not factor into how they fit you.
If you're bigger in your hips and thighs I recommend dark denim, because it minimizes size while light washes will just appear larger. 
I would also recommend that you can bend over somewhat comfortably without having 6 inches of your butt-crack showing. But, if you like the breeze then be my guest.
Lately, I've noticed ripped denim is pretty much done, if it had really started to begin with. Unless your name is Ke$ha, then you probably shouldn't own more than 2 pairs of ripped jeans. While these can work as casual I-just-woke-up-and-haven't-gotten-ready-yet wear, they aren't that classy.
Now, I'm not saying all designer jeans are like this. A lot of high-end denim carries simpler jeans that are for more everyday wear. Seven For All Mankind and Hudson are two of my favorite denim designers, and they can also be found at more affordable prices at places like the Nordstrom Rack. Since I am a poor college student, this is my only way to get jeans.
Also highly recommend are Forever 21 jeans. They are unbelievably affordable, and also comfortable and look great on just about everyone. You can never go wrong there.




forever21.com



You shouldn't discredit something just by the brand. Unless of course you have tried to shop there numerous times and continue to find absolutely nothing. Which is exactly how I feel about Charlotte Russe. This is completely my opinion but I cannot stand the place. I have never found anything there, and I always feel like their clothes are about to fall apart. My apologies if you enjoy shopping there.

Moral of the story: from a fashionable point of view, embellished jeans are tacky and make you look incompetent at putting an outfit together.

No comments:

Post a Comment